Thursday, October 13, 2011

No dairy

So this isn't about the house but it's my blog so deal with it. :)
I have decided to not eat diary for the next 2 weeks. No milk, no cheese, no ice cream, no eggs. When I went to the doctor last week she suggested that I try it to see if that's what's making my stomach hate me. I'm going to try this first, then maybe try no gluten and see what happens. I bought soy milk, some soy cheese and non-diary ice cream. The milk and cheese are fine but the ice cream, not so much. I have to find something though to put in my tea because the vanilla soy milk doesn't really work. I think I'll have to get some plain or a creamer maybe.
Anyone out there have any ideas on good non-dairy recipes so I don't use eggs or milk? It's going to be hard to cook things for me and Zac and not have to make two different things.
I've also decided to try and eat little to no processed food as possible. Lots of veggies and fruit. Some pasta but not a lot. When we move I'm hoping this will be a lot easier. I'm going to make my own soups and bread and lots of other things.
For now though, we'll try this non-dairy thing and see how it works. Gotta start some where.

No comments: