Saturday, November 12, 2011

It's dinner time!

When I wrote that title just now, I was totally saying it as Ezma from Emperor's New Groove in my head! Just thought I'd share. :)
Friday night Zac and I had our first little dinner party. Since it was a holiday, Zac didn't have to work which was really nice. We had our friend Chuck over for dinner and our housemate Danny. I made my first ever pot roast which was delicious along with oven roasted potatoes, salad and really good bread from a bakery down the street. I also made apple pie completely from scratch, crust and all! I usually hate pie crust but mine was pretty tasty. Butter flavored Crisco makes all the difference! I also got to use a couple dishes for the first time since receiving them as wedding gifts, which I was kind of excited about. I'm such a girl sometimes.





In other unrelated to dinner party news, I just read today that Guillermo del Toro (director of Pan's Labyrinth)will be directing his own version of Beauty and the Beast and Emma Watson is going to be in it! I am so excited. I'm hoping it will be dark like Pan's Labyrinth! Can't wait.

No comments: