Saturday, December 31, 2011

Our 2011 in pictures

This year has just flown by! I still can't believe that in just a few short hours we will be in 2012! 2011 has been a great year. Big things happened! I decided to go month by month and recap some things that happened to Zac and I.

January

Zac and I went to the Chinese Gardens in Portland for the first time.
It was freezing, but we had a good time!


Two days later, we said good-bye to my brother as he left for Army boot camp.

February

Since our 3 year anniversary fell during the week we decided to celebrate our anniversary and Valentine's Day at the same time. We went to Gracie's at Hotel de Luxe in Portland. Great place!

We had our first snow of the year in February! Didn't last long but I loved it!

March
In march my dear friend Kaylin and her husband Jason came to check out Portland! Kaylin and I met at Southern and had a Religion class together. We became friends right away but we hadn't seen each other since 2007. We were going to live together the next school year until I decided to come back to WA to go to WWU. I was so excited when they decided to come visit! We had a blast!
Jason and Kaylin at Fresh Pot on Mississippi in Portland

Zac and I at Fresh Pot too! Cute coffee place that used to be a Drug Store.

BSG exhibit at the Music Experience Museum in Seattle

With our dear friends Josh and Leslie who live in Seattle. They were married 2 weeks after us.


April
In April my baby cousin Katie-Beth, her husband Brett and her brother Tim came for a very short visit. We hadn't met Brett yet and he had never been to Portland. We did a quick tour around Portland and had a great night at Kennedy School.

The four Beth's together. Lori-Beth, Sara-Beth, Kenzie-Beth and Katie-Beth
Some day, there might be two more Beth's to add to the picture!

Zac taught Kenzie to play Pokemon on his DS

Sara, David, Kenzie, Mom, Dad, Zac and I went to Discovery Bay and Port Townsend for a little vacation. Our last little trip before Sara, David and Kenzie moved home to Canada.

We celebrated Shauna's birthday! Dinner and Voodoo Doughnuts!!

Zac and I drove out to Bridal Veil to mail our wedding invitations.

May

The Columbia River was over flood stage. Covered parts of the walk way on the Vancouver side.

The river was so high the barges were level with the walk way.

Ape Caves adventure with Jake and Rick. My first time, and I survived.

June
Monica and Jason were married on June 25th

My darling Brittany was married to Keith on June 30th.

We celebrated my 28th birthday at the Driftwood Room at Hotel de Luxe.

July
July was our BIG MONTH!!!

First came my Bridal shower hosted by the Women's Ministries group at Church.

Potluck on Sabbath

Eric doing Zac's hair for the wedding. "It's nice having a "gay" friend like Eric" -David

Me getting ready in my Bride robe

First look

Saying our vows

Finally Mr. & Mrs.

I caught my shoe on my dress as we tried to run out of the sanctuary but I fell!
Even caught it on video.

Our super adorable wedding cake!

August
Some of our best friends were married in August. Joshua and Leslie Dolim and then Damian and Katey Donesky. We were at both weddings but I don't think we took any pictures with them. Which is strange for us but oh well. Also we had mom's birthday but no pictures there either.

September

September 3rd my darling nephew Matthew Aidan was born!

We just signed the papers for our house!!!

First time at the house on our own!

October
Zac and our darling Bungalow! The roof was being ripped off and replace with a brand new one!

Our kitchen after we moved in! I love our kitchen.

November
Portland tree lighting!

Thanksgiving brunch at Skimania Lodge with the fam.

December
Our very first Christmas tree!!

Peacock lane Dec 19, one year after we got engaged!

Our first Christmas as a married couple

Our last picture of 2011 during our walk at Wintler Park

This year has been great! But I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us!

No comments: